Tuesday 19 April 2011

My other voice.

"I have a lot to speak but dont speak alot.
There are numerous ways to break this barrier,
I chose one,
My pen and paper.
Together they are my voice.
I am a farmer and they are my land and plough.
I pour out my thoughts in ink
And let them flow into the river that is my paper.
Mounted on a horse flowing with ink in it's veins,
I ride vast meadows of white coloured pages.
My pen is like a sword
With it,I command a massive army of lyrics.
With my pen and paper,
I can convince even the poorest of souls that he is rich.
I speak and my paper listens.
To a congregation of ruled paper,
I preach a sermon of my thoughts.
Holding a pen in my hand,
I am Solomon,presiding over a paper Israel..
Generations of people have used this voice.
Declarations of independence,agreements and contracts have been signed
With these simple tools.
When I speak with my other voice,
Only my paper listens."

I wrote this when I was in grade ten.I think it was my first venture into poetry and writing.Its only fitting that I put it up as my first blog post.
It was for a writing contest at school.It did'nt get chosen, but I personally I think it was good for a tenth grader :).
I may have edited parts of it along the way.I think the last five lines were'nt originally in it.I don't  even know if Solomon ruled Israel,or if it was even called Israel at the time

1 comment:

  1. "I am Solomon, presiding over a paper Israel..."
    Gorgeous, BW...

    ReplyDelete